News:

BTAQ Powersports is Alive in 2022...

Main Menu

How Often to Change Oil in a DVX 400 ATV

Started by brio85, February 15, 2020, 04:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brio85

How Often to Change Oil in a DVX 400 ATV

(this post was migrated from dvx400.com)

QuoteHow often do you change the oil in a DVX ATV? Looking for some advice I guess. I plan on trail riding my DVX so you get an idea of how I plan to ride my quad.

QuoteOil is cheap and I change it frequently. I sometimes drain it out and it doesn't even look like it needed to be changed so maybe I overdue it when it comes to oil change intervals.

QuotePlan on keeping your Cat? Change the often more often than you think you need to. Oil is fairly cheap and your ATV will thank you for it!

QuoteDo you guys recommend any particular oil brand that's known to work best with our ATVs?

QuoteDVX Oil viscosity is the most important aspect but I always avoid generic oil

chuckster

If you bought the DVX used, start with fresh oil so you know what's in there. As for future oil changes, I wouldn't go crazy. Some guys get carried away with changing oil when it wasn't needed. Just monitor for discoloration, the contaminants in the oil are not your friend, if there is none there you have nothing to worry about.
-- Ride Safe --
Chuckster

kennhurr

The frequency of oil changes for an ATV depends on several factors, including the manufacturer's recommendations, the type of oil used, and how the ATV is used. In general, it's a good idea to change the oil in your ATV at least once a year, regardless of how often you use it. However, if you use your ATV frequently, or in harsh conditions such as dusty or muddy environments, you may need to change the oil more frequently.

For most ATVs, the manufacturer will recommend an oil change interval based on hours of operation or mileage. This interval can vary depending on the make and model of the ATV, so it's important to consult the owner's manual for specific recommendations. In general, a typical oil change interval for an ATV is every 50-100 hours of operation or every 1000-1500 miles.

It's also important to use the correct type of oil for your ATV. The owner's manual will typically provide recommendations for the type of oil to use based on the climate and conditions in which you'll be riding. Always use a high-quality oil that meets the manufacturer's specifications.

In summary, it's best to change the oil in your ATV at least once a year, or more frequently if you use your ATV frequently or in harsh conditions. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations for oil change intervals and use the correct type of oil for your ATV.

This pertains to DVX oil changes and pretty much every other Arctic Cat ATV also.

Featured ATV's: Asun | Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink | Yamoto

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy