News:

BTAQ Powersports is Alive in 2022...

Main Menu

Should I Use an Aftermarket Muffler on a DVX

Started by brio85, February 15, 2020, 04:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brio85

Should I Use an Aftermarket Muffler on a DVX

(this post was migrated form dvx400.com)

QuoteShould I use an aftermarket muffler on my DVX quad? Is it worth the investment? I'm not sure I want a louder machine if it's not going to improve performance by that much.

QuoteAftermarket mufflers for 4 stroke engine are more show than go. If you ask me, the gains in power are minimal and the increase in noise just aren't worth it.

QuoteI used to agree with the "more show than go" theory on silencers anyway. But replacing the entire exhaust can get you a major improvement to say the least, it can increase the mid-range power, you may see an increase right from idle also. I learned this by swapping my original exhaust and my new pipe and silencer on and off my machine multiple times. It was a NOTICEABLE difference.

These pipes and silencers aren't cheap and may not be worth it depending on how hard you plan on riding. But if you're after a performance  increase on your Arctic Cat or any ATV, replacing the stock exhaust system should be one of the first steps. Get a quality exhaust system first and build additional performance mods after that.

What is the best Arctic Cat silencer and pipe? That I don't know but i have had good luck with FMF products.

chuckster

It is proven that aftermarket silencers add to the performance of an ATV, but I personally avoid them. I don't think the gains are worth the trouble or the noise level.
-- Ride Safe --
Chuckster

Featured ATV's: Asun | Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink | Yamoto

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy