News:

BTAQ Powersports is Alive in 2022...

Main Menu

Which Spark Plug is Best for a DVX ATV

Started by brio85, February 15, 2020, 04:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brio85

Which Spark Plug is Best for a DVX ATV?

QuoteMy feeling is that it doesn't matter what brand of spark plug you use as long as it is properly sized. Champions are good and available almost anywhere, NGK has a good reputation but i think they are overpriced. I think you can even cross over to Auto-lite.

QuoteThe right spark plug for an Arctic Cat DVX is mostly just using the proper size and the right gap.

I've actually experimented over the years with my Arctic cats and other ATV's and I always felt like i could foul an NGK easier than any other brand in my 2 strokes. As for 4 strokes though, I could never see a difference between the brands. So the right spark plug for an Arctic Cat ATV is probably just preference, just do your own experiment.

cm500

Spark plug technology isn't that complicated, the materials they use to produce them is where the difference lies. A spark plug has a metal threaded shell which is electrically isolated from a central electrode by a section of porcelain called the insulator.

The center electrode, on some plugs, may contain a resistor as well. The input to the spark plug is connected by a heavily insulated "spark plug wire". The output of the spark plug is internal to the  engine where the spark jumps from the central electrode to ground igniting your fuel/air mixture in the cylinder.

Spark plugs don't get popular by accident. Stick with the name brands and you will be fine. I think Champion and NGK are great spark plugs. There are probably other popular names you can add here too.

Featured ATV's: Asun | Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink | Yamoto

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy