News:

BTAQ Powersports is Alive in 2022...

Main Menu

DVX ATV Cable Lube

Started by brio85, February 15, 2020, 04:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brio85

DVX ATV Cable Lube?

Does anyone use cable lube with any regularity on their DVX ATV? Can I just use motor oil or should I buy a specialty cable lube product?

QuoteBuy ATV cable lube. I have heard of people using motor oil twenty years ago but I see no reason to go that route. PJ1 makes cable lube and that is its only use... lubricating cables

QuoteI guess motor oil would do the trick, but like you said, there's really no point doing that. Shimano also makes a good cable lube from what I've heard.

QuoteJust use cable lube since it is designed for this use on your Arctic Cat cables. They also make universal cable lube tools that help guide the cable lube inside properly and they only cost a few bucks. You can get them online or at a dealer.

cm500

There are numerous cable lubricating sprays out there. It's a small investment and a can of cable lube will last you for years. Buy the cable lube and avoid motor oil which can actually become a dust collector in my opinion.

kennhurr

There are several popular ATV cable lubricants available in the market. Here are a few commonly used options:

• Cable Lube Spray: Cable lube sprays are specifically designed to penetrate and lubricate the inner cables effectively. They often come in aerosol cans, making them easy to apply. These sprays typically have a low viscosity to ensure smooth cable movement and minimize friction.
  • Cable Lubricating Fluids: Cable lubricating fluids are formulated to provide long-lasting lubrication for motorcycle cables. They are typically applied using a dropper or applicator bottle to ensure precise application to the cable ends. These fluids often have high lubricity and can offer excellent protection against corrosion.
  • Silicone-based Lubricants: Silicone-based lubricants are popular choices for cable lubrication. They have good temperature stability, water resistance, and longevity. Silicone lubricants can also provide a smooth and slippery surface to reduce friction in the cables.
  • Graphite Powder: Graphite powder is a dry lubricant that can be applied to motorcycle cables. It is known for its excellent lubricating properties and its ability to reduce cable friction. Graphite powder is typically sprinkled onto the cable or applied using a brush or cloth.
  • Motorcycle Chain Lubricant: While primarily designed for chain lubrication, certain motorcycle chain lubricants can also be used for cable lubrication. They often have excellent penetration properties and can provide effective lubrication for cables as well.

It's important to note that the specific lubricant you choose may depend on the type of cables in your quad, personal preference, and the manufacturer's recommendations. It's always a good idea to consult your ATV owner manual too.

Featured ATV's: Asun | Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink | Yamoto

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy