News:

BTAQ Powersports is Alive in 2022...

Main Menu

DVX ATV Exhaust Springs

Started by brio85, February 15, 2020, 04:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brio85

DVX ATV Exhaust Springs

Anyone ever replace their DVX ATV exhaust springs? Do they ever get worn out or stretched where they should get changed out?

QuoteExhaust springs are cheap and if it looks to you like they need changing, then by all means change them. I would be surprised to see them wear out very often unless something isn't seated properly.

chuckster

It's far fetched that exhaust spring would stretch out. Unless you can physically see it as being distorted I don't see this being a problem. There are cases when they stretch or break but it would be obvious to the naked eye.
-- Ride Safe --
Chuckster

animal

I've seen stretched exhaust springs so it does happen. But the only stretched exhaust springs I've seen have been on super old ATV's and dirt bikes. It seems like it takes years to stretch.

Once these springs are 15 or 20 years old they can experience fatigue in the metal, with stress, vibration, and weather repeatedly inflicting pain on it.

kennhurr

ATV exhaust springs can stretch over time due to the heat and vibration generated by the engine. This can cause the exhaust system to become loose, which can lead to leaks and other problems. Over time, the stretching of the springs can cause them to lose their tension, which can make it difficult to keep the exhaust system properly secured to the ATV.

To prevent problems with your ATV exhaust system, it's a good idea to periodically check the exhaust springs for signs of wear or damage. If you notice that the springs are stretched or have lost their tension, it's important to replace them as soon as possible. In general, it's a good idea to replace the exhaust springs every few years or as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure that the exhaust system remains secure and properly functioning.

This holds true for the DVX ATV and any other Arctic Cat ATV also.

brio85

Exhaust springs are cheap enough to replace if you have any doubts, trust me on that one.

Featured ATV's: Asun | Buyang | Durabull | Eton | Hyosung | Madami | Qlink | Yamoto

Gallery | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy